Thursday 9 May 2013

Going Native - Talk by Bjarne Stroustrup on C++11

"The world runs on C and C++". And hearing from the master himself about it is so enlightening. His emphasis on simple and clean code, explanation of new C++ 11 features and crisp examples to showcase them will encourage many to take a fresh view at the language.  The examples on type rich programming and move constructor are very interesting and that is something I look forward to use. The STL example on vector breaks my conventional understanding of the STL libraries, though I am a avid user of STL libraries myself, I always had a concern that they may not be fast. But thanks to his explanation my belief in STL is vindicated.
This presentation is quite long(Around 90 Mins) so preferably watch it at your leisure and get enlightened..



No comments:

Post a Comment